We’re a new London-based consumer tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology by designing intuitive and smart tech that improves our lives without getting in the way of it. Bringing back artistry, passion and trust, our technology will help people unlock new and meaningful experiences not just in consumer electronics, but in life, too.
We are looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer. This person will be working closely with our Head of Design to collaborate with our international offices on full lifecycle product development. The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with at least 3 years of experience in a rapidly growing business environment. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible, open-minded and output driven with a strong sense of ownership. Meetings and planning are important but we are strong believers that at the end of the day, execution makes market impact.
- Organize the full lifecycle of mechanical design, collaborate with ID creative design team to realize the ID design and evaluate the manufacturing feasibility;
- Ensure a realizable ID design;
- Act as a bridge between the ID team and our international engineering teams;
- Create outline designs for ID designer;
- Build mechanical design guideline, reliability testing standard together with international engineering team;
- Follow trail production in the building, make sure ID design can be implemented based on original design, and maybe do ID design adjustment based on manufacturing feasibility;
- Analyze budget and scope of project;
- Collect observations from operators and feedback from users;
- Create product reports and documentation.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in consumer electronics industry;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- Fluency in English is a must, multilingual abilities is a plus;
- Solid understanding of programs and tools including Pro-E and Catia;
- Interest in consumer tech;
- A strong bias-to-action and used to getting things done in short timeframe;
- Good communication skills, able to get buy-in from stakeholders within the company;
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with changing environments as well as multiple overlapping projects;
- Last but not least, enjoy the hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business.