Nothing is a London-based tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology. Starting in year one with our sellout debut product ear (1), we are committed to crafting iconic, intuitive and seamlessly connected products that we are proud to share with friends and family. Now it’s year two, when our plans will materialise in a concrete way by entering multiple product categories that go beyond audio products.
- “In a short amount of time, Nothing has captured some of Apple’s cultural Magic” - Forbes
- “Nothing is the most hyped tech company in years” - GQ
- “Nothing has brought a breath of fresh air” - Hypebeast
- “The most exciting startup in consumer tech” - Input
We can say the usual things about what it’s like to be part of Nothing, like how our team is diverse, creative and collaborative. And all of that is true. Everyone here works hard to perfect their craft and meaningfully contribute to our mission. We’re passionate and we speak our minds. As part of a driven, close-knit team, you’ll be part of projects and conversations that you might not expect, giving you a fantastic learning opportunity in a fast growth startup.
In a year, we’ve grown from an idea to a 200+ people-strong global team with offices in six regions, and our growth isn’t stopping there. Next up, we’re looking for a People Operations Manager to support our growing teams in Europe, with a primary focus on the teams in our London headquarters. This role will report into our Director of People Operations for Europe and India.
Our ideal candidate will be a generalist within the world of People Operations, comfortable both with hands-on tactical tasks as well as designing and implementing strategic projects. We are looking for someone who can help us build operational excellence in our nascent People Operations function and create an amazing employee experience that allows our team to do their best work. Every day will be different, encompassing both standard HR activities like resolving employee queries and keeping our HRIS up-to-date, as well as exciting project-based work, like revamping our approach to new hire onboarding.
- Be the front line to our team, helping to quickly and enthusiastically resolve people-related issues and questions
- Build programs to support our team, beginning with new hire onboarding
- Manage People Ops workflows, like employee status changes, compliance, benefits and leave, and payroll in collaboration with our Finance team
- Optimise processes and systems that will improve our approach to People Operations
- Help us continue to build a diverse team by managing our visa license and supporting the team with their sponsorship needs
- Build strong relationships across the team and keep a pulse on overall engagement
- Collect data points and benchmark our programs against the companies we compete with for Talent
- Partner with the Director of People Ops on developing future L&D and training programs
- In the very short-term, help us with keeping our WeWork office in great shape (we are hiring an Office Manager soon if you know anyone to bring along with you!)
- Be a core values and cultural champion at Nothing
- You love working in People Operations and believe in the impact a well-run People organisation can make on the overall health and success of a business
- You have experience working in an HR or People function that supports a UK-based team, and better yet, you might have experience supporting teams throughout Europe
- You have a genuine enthusiasm for helping others
- You have a high EQ and consider empathy to be one of your strengths
- You sweat the details and run a tight ship when it comes to being organised, communicative and thorough
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and change, and consider yourself more of a builder than just a maintainer
- You are able to work within constraints, but will always look for opportunities to improve the employee experience
- You are proactive, motivated and driven, and seek opportunities that optimise for your learning and growth
- You like to have fun at work; even when the work is hard, you find time for a laugh or a catch-up with your teammates
If this role sounds exciting to you, please apply. And if you’re unsure, please still get in touch— we will review your application for transcending skills, not just proven experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will strive to promote a more diverse and inclusive environment. We are committed to being a welcome employer for all candidates.