We’re a new London-based consumer tech company on a mission to remove barriers between people and technology by designing intuitive and smart tech that improves our lives without getting in the way of it. Bringing back artistry, passion and trust, our technology will help people unlock new and meaningful experiences not just in consumer electronics, but in life, too.
We are looking to hire a senior CMF designer to develop & maintain a CMF roadmap based on direction from the Head of Design. This person will work closely together with suppliers to ensure the implementation of creative vision across products. The successful candidate will have 7+ years hands-on experience with all phases of the CMF design process; from trend research and palette development to manufacturing execution. preferably from an industry leading corporation. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible, open-minded and output driven with a strong sense of ownership. Meetings and planning are important but we are strong believers that at the end of the day, execution makes market impact.
We kindly request that all candidates submit their design portfolio as part of their application to be considered.
- Develop & maintain a CMF roadmap based on direction from the Head of Design;
- Work closely together with suppliers to ensure the implementation of creative vision across products;
- Support ID project leads to ensure timely and qualitative deliverables in line with the product development process; based on technical understanding, supplier evaluation and manufacturing constraints;
- Create CMF, texture & graphic specifications based on defined guidelines and templates, delivering to project team and suppliers;
- Identify relevant developments in materials and manufacturing processes to inspire new CMF directions, with a good emphasis on sustainability;
- Work in partnership with ID to inspire new and innovative solutions and support them through to final implementation.
- 7+ years hands-on experience with all phases of the CMF design process; from trend
- research and palette development to manufacturing execution; preferably from an industry leading corporation;
- Relevant degree in Industrial Design;
- Fluent in English;
- Proficient at SolidWorks, KeyShot and Adobe CC;
- Willingness to travel and represent design team at supplier and manufacturing sites;
- Existing supplier relationships a plus;
- Good communication skills, able to get buy-in from stakeholders within the company;
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with changing environments as well as multiple overlapping projects;
- Last but not least, enjoy the hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business.